Great Books To Read Before Your Child's First Dental Visit
Your child’s first visit will help him or her to get used to visiting the dentist’s office and become comfortable with the experience. Over time, the team will ease your child into a regular visit routine, so they’ll know what to expect. The earlier you start the process of bringing your child to the dentist’s office, the better. Here is a great list of books to read to your children before their visit to the dentist!
Read Children’s Books About Going to the Dentist
Here is a great list of books to read before your child’s first dental visit! You know what your child will respond to, so pick from this list to help you share some positive stories about the dentist.
- Mercery Myer – Just Going to the Dentist
- Anne Civardi – Going to the Dentist (see below for a video read-aloud!)
- Marc Brown – Arthur’s Tooth
- PK Hallinan – My Dentist, My Friend
- Robert Munsch – Andrew’s Loose Tooth
- Paulette Bougeois – Franklin and the Tooth Fairy
- Mary W. Olson – Nice Try, Tooth Fairy
- Sleby B. Beeler – Throw Your Teeth on the Roof: Traditions from Around the World
- Hope Martin – What Does the Tooth Fairy Do with All Those Teeth?
- William Steig – Doctor De Soto
- Stan Berenstain – The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
Casey Newmann – Chase’s Loose Tooth!