Same-Day Dental Crowns in Plainville, CT
Same-Day Dental Crowns eliminate the need for a temporary crown and the long wait before getting your permanent crown. In just one appointment, your same-day crown will be fabricated on-site, your tooth will be prepared, and it’ll be bonded in place. Just like that you’ll have a new dental crown in one day.
How Same-Day Crowns Work
When you get a same-day crown on a tooth, you only need to make one appointment with your dentist. First, your dentist will use an intraoral camera and computer-aided design to create a 3D image of your damaged tooth. After creating the model for the crown, your dentist uses a CADCAM machine to create your same-day crown right there in their office.
Advantages of Same-Day Crowns
Same-Day crowns provide the optimal functionality, strength, and a natural appearance, which is why they make such an excellent restorative dental solution for most patients.
Many patients choose choose same-day crowns over traditional crowns today for the following reasons:
- Same-Day crowns look and feel natural
- Same-Day crowns use digital impressions of your teeth taken with an intraoral scanner, meaning there is no need for messy, uncomfortable impression material and trays
- Same-Day crown impressions are more precise than traditional impressions, producing better fitting crowns
- Same-Day crowns do not require a temporary crown
- Same-Day crowns are strong and durable, lasting years with proper oral care
Of course, the biggest advantage of Same-Day crowns is time. These crowns are literally ready in one day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Same-Day Crowns
How does the technology for same-day crowns work?
The technology uses digital scanners and computer-aided design to quickly create strong, durable, quality dental crowns in a fraction of the time. Same-day crowns are great for fixing issues like a cracked or chipped tooth and provide you with relief from any pain and a newly repaired tooth in a single appointment.
How much does a same-day crown cost?
The cost of your same-day crown depends on a few factors:
- Which tooth needs the crown —some teeth are much harder to access
- Different dental practices have different prices in different areas
- Same-day crowns cost a little bit more than traditional dental crowns, but some expenses are reduced by eliminating the need to pay for a temporary crown and follow-up visit
When you visit Plainville Dental Group for a consultation about same-day crowns, we’ll be happy to provide you with a cost estimate for your treatment. We can even look into what your insurance plan will cover for you too.
Is the process uncomfortable?
Nope, not at all. It actually tends to be more comfortable than traditional crown methods. Your dentist will prepare and shape your tooth for the new same-day crown, removing all decay and other damage. This may require some local anesthetic to numb the tooth. Oral impressions are comfortably taken with a digital instrument about the size and shape of a pencil. No more sticky goo and uncomfortable impression trays to hold in your mouth as you gag–just fast, accurate, and easy 3-D imaging.
The best part of your same-day crown is that it will be ready so quickly that you won’t need to wear an awkward temporary crown while you wait. As you comfortably relax in your chair, a machine will carve your same-day crown from a block of porcelain.